[Coco] Still having newbie issues

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 09:30:46 EDT 2014

Here's a link to Robert Gault's page:

http://aaronwolfe.com/robert.gault/Coco/Sales/Flyer.htm

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: spereira1952 <spereira1952 at comcast.net>
To: coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Thu, Jul 10, 2014 8:23 am
Subject: Re: [Coco] Still having newbie issues

Everyone:

Thank you all very much for all your attention, explanations and support! I
really appreciate all the support you have given to such a newbie as I am.

The bottom line for me seems to be that, since I am attempting to use Drivewire
via HDB-DOS, this is the difference between my VCC emulator and my physical
system, and this is what is causing my problem. Since I do not have a complete
CoCo floppy disk system with controller and disk drive, I cannot use these two
programs from a physical floppy disk. When I veer off and put HDB-DOS and
Drivewire into the mix, something doesn't match what these programs want
anymore, and therefor, I see my problems. The VCC emulator, on the other hand,
emulates a CoCo with a Tandy floppy disk controller and drives, so the programs
think they are in the proper environment, and they work there.

I now see that Mr Gault sells some software that can assist me to achieve the
ability to use EDTASM. I would love to know more about this. I would like to see
the details of what I need to have ready to go, and what I need to purchase, and
how it all goes together. Is there some info available at a web site or
something that I can see to get more familiar with this, and make my purchase?
Thanks, in advance, for pointers or more information.

Again, thank you all very much. I really appreciate all the support you are
giving me as I learn about how all this works.

smp