[Coco] Copy a file from a DW4 virtual disk to a windows directory

Kandur k at qdv.pw
Wed Jul 9 10:00:28 EDT 2014

Thanks Bill for the warning.
At this point I'm only peeking into my HD backup
floppies with them. When it comes to writing,
I'll use Wimage. That brings us to the question,
how can I put back the  edited file into the
.dsk file where it was extracted from?

My 2 backups are, sets of 5.25" floppies, from 1989.
I suspect these were backed up by different programs.
The 28 floppy set has one file on each floppy,
named part0, part1, and so on, to part27.
I suspect these were created by HDKIT.

The 34 floppy set has 1 or more files on each floppy, for example:
disk#3 has, dev.01, dpj.01, ds.01, dug.01, pub.01, sys.01
disk#4 has, floppy.01, lrtech.01
disk#5 has, lrtech.02, src.01, win.01
disk#6 has, ug.01
disk#7 has, ug.02
I suspect these were created by AR.

Would a raw sector dump help to determine this?

Kandur

Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 6:26:49 AM, you wrote:

> Kandur, be careful with Emudsk. It will corrupt files without giving any
> signs of it doing so. A couple of us did some testing and about 60% of what it copied was no longer usable.
> The wimage programs are the most stable to use.
> As a note, create all your disk images in Vcc. I don't know if anything else
> creates them properly. I know dw4 does not.
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

>>> Kandur