[Coco] Vcc+DW4 to access real floppy drive on Coco-3 ?

Greg Law glaw at live.com
Mon Jul 7 21:13:12 EDT 2014

Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> One thing, now that I think about it there is no need to involve DW with
> the VCC/creation part.  You could, but you can also just use the regular
> (emulated ) FDC in VCC.  The disk files vcc uses and creates natively can
> be mounted in DriveWire later anyway.  Probably faster.
>
> Im also not sure what the command to do a sector by sector copy is in OS9.
> I recall the question coming up before and I think there is one, maybe
> someone else knows that part.  There is a standalone utility for doing
> DECB
> disk copies from DW to real floppy, but os9 shouldn't need anything
special> , any generic sector copy tool would work.

It's been years since I tried anything like this, but I wonder if something
like copy /d0@ /d1@ would work. I imagine it might barf if LSN0 geometry
changes on the first sector copy. It does seem to be fairly trivial to open
/d0@ and /d1@ and skedoodle away in read/write loop.