[Coco] Vcc+DW4 to access real floppy drive on Coco-3 ?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Jul 7 17:57:05 EDT 2014

Kandur wrote:
> Bill, what I wanted was, to access physical floppy drives on the Coco,
> while running Nitro OS-9 on VCC. Drive ON/OFF don't seem to work
> on the Coco's physical drives from OS-9.
>
> Kandur

Kandur,

What you want, as described above, is impossible. VCC has no method of talking
to a Coco, whether VCC 1.42 or 1.43beta. What you can do is have VCC talk to
real floppy drives on your PC, if you have such drives.
What is required, is fdrawcmd.sys be installed on your PC. This is described in
detail in "Welcome to Vcc.pdf", which should be available where you obtained VCC.

Robert