[Coco] Vcc+DW4 to access real floppy drive on Coco-3 ?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:12:43 EDT 2014

I don't know of any way to access the drives of one coco from another coco,
real or emulated.

You can access both DriveWire drives and real floppy drives on the *same*
coco, whether real or emulated, and whether in BASIC or OS9, so it would
seem there is little reason to need access to one coco's drive from another.

Maybe you could describe what the goal is, I'm sure someone knows how to
accomplish the end results if they are possible.

On Jul 7, 2014 12:02 PM, "Kandur" <k at qdv.pw> wrote:

> Bill, what I wanted was, to access physical floppy drives on the Coco,
> while running Nitro OS-9 on VCC. Drive ON/OFF don't seem to work
> on the Coco's physical drives from OS-9.
>
> Kandur
>
> Monday, July 7, 2014, 8:45:54 AM, you wrote:
>
> > Kandur, if you are referring to the DRIVEON DRIVEOFF commands, these are
> > exclusive to HDBDOS, so if the emulator is running HDBDOS and the
emulator
> > supports real floppies, then yes. Or in the case there's "emulated"
floppies, then it will turn those off/on.
> > When "on" the HDBDOS/RGBDOS RSDOS drives 0-3 on a 255 disk partitioned
VHD
> > are "on". When "off" then drives 0-3 will read/write to the
real/emulated system (emulator) floppies.