[Coco] 5-1/4″ DS DD 80 track drive, 300 RPM mod

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jul 3 15:25:36 EDT 2014

Kandur wrote:
> Bill, I have an HD backup set, made on a Coco-3 running OS_9 L2,
> on 28 floppies, created by the HDKIT archiver/backup program.
> Just want to restore/unpack them to any HD, anywhere.
> Here is one question for you, while running nos-9 L2 dw on the Coco,
> how can I copy a file from a mounted virtual disk on the server?
>
> Kandur

Kandur,

I located the HDKIT package so if you no longer have the programs, I can send
you a virtual OS-9 disk containing them.

Given the small amount of memory in your Coco3, I'd advise you use an emulator
to unpack the archive floppies onto a virtual hard drive. Once unpacked, you can
then copy the virtual hard drive to a real one on your Coco system.

I'm not familiar with HDKIT but documentation will be included. A cursory glance
at the docs did not make it clear to me whether HDKIT cares what the format of
the receiving hard drive is, relative to the original, during a Restore process.

Robert