[Coco] Proof-of-concept to make 16KB HDB-DOS ROMs seamlessly

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jan 30 20:48:19 EST 2014

Juan
I think there's a lot of room for expansion in HDBDOS if we go 16k (if that's what you're asking).
Support for 35/40/80trk DSDD drives, DW4 utilites (like the /N ports in NOS9), DW4 printing (patched to rsdos #-2 stuff), and I have a list of stuff that's usefull as I was working (at one time years ago) on expanding RSDOS as a patch. A lot of my ideas stemmed from various patches through the years from Rainbow and Hot Coco that I tacked on a patch program I used to run any time I turned on my Coco 2. When the Coco 3 came out, they used up a lot of the space I was using so I dropped it and moved on to OS9 L2.
Yes, there's a lot of things that could be done with another 8k :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com