[Coco] Stay warm

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Thu Jan 30 11:11:42 EST 2014

> It has been "fun" here just 20 minutes NE of Chattanooga, TN.  At 07:15
> when
> the temperature hit 0.0F the lights went out for 45 minutes taking me off
> line.  I've not seen such cold since leaving MA in 2004.

Just to keep this all in reality....

Winter of 1969/1970 I was stationed at Ft. Benning, GA (which is even
further south than Atlanta).  We had an ice/snow storm that shut the
post down for three days.  We Yanks offered to show them how we dealt
with it up North (I was in an Combat Engineer battalion and we had lots
of equipment) but we were told to just stay in the barracks cause in two
days it would all be gone.

Contrary to what the popular press is having a field day saying,
this isn't totally unheard of in the deep south.  This time will
be the same as all the other times.

I have a friend by Ft. Gordon (Augusta, GA) and she says they are
expecting 70's this weekend.

bill