[Coco] I see the following comment in HDB-DOS:

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Jan 28 22:13:46 EST 2014

Juan Castro wrote:
> * Fixed IDE problems with Maxtor 7540AV drive related   BGP 02/09/24
> * to timing -- note that the Glenside IDE controller
> * does NOT work with an MPI using this current
> * version of HDB-DOS.  It may seem to work, but there
> * are data corruption issues when READing.
>
> So... is that still the case? Do not use Glenside IDE + HDB-DOS + MPI?
>
> Juan

Juan,

I don't have a Glenside controller, so this is an educated guess. The comment in
the source code is the first in a string of comments dating from 2002 to 2012.
Comments further down the list suggest that there is no longer a problem with MPIs.
The only thing that should be a problem with MPIs is if the HDBDOS code were to
change the slot selection. There is nothing I can find in HDBDOS that would
write to $FF7F so slot selection should be safe. HDBDOS is based on RGBDOS which
will work with scsi controllers and MPI.
There is no documentation on the Cloud-9 site warning about HDBDOS, MPI, and the
Glenside IDE. I can't find any documentation on the Glenside site about the IDE
controller but you could write to the club.

Robert