[Coco] TRouble using XRoar with the Becker port

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jan 26 22:05:27 EST 2014

Jaun,
You have to define the becker port for  it to work properly. It's all in the manual actually.
It's best to do it all in the "xroar.conf" file
Here's my xroar.conf for running a Coco 2 64k with true lowercase and mouse/joystick in hdbdos.

-machine-arch cocous
-machine-cpu 6809
-tv-type ntsc
-ram 64k
-vdg-type 6847t1
-kbd-translate
-joy-right mjoy0
-becker
-becker-ip 127.0.0.1
-becker-port 65504

Using the xroar.conf eliminates the cmd line opts so you can just type "xroar". The -machine option sets most of the Coco deafults for the roms and such. The -becker option automatically loads the hdbdos rom. Also with the hdbdos rom, make sure you have the Coco 2, becker port version.

I've never tried building the xroar code as I use the prebuilt snapshots with the GTK support so I get the menu system in Windows. The standard Windows release has no menus and is all "control key" selected. There's other features as well that are only available (in Windows) with the GTK support. I get my snapshots from this link, they keep it current:
http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/xroar/

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia