[Coco] TRouble using XRoar with the Becker port

Juan Castro jccyc1965 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 21:33:04 EST 2014

This is what I did:

- Compiled and installed latest lwtools;
- Checked out latest toolshed source, compiled and installed;
- Compiled hdbdos;
- Got latest DW server (4.3.3o) and configured for a TCP/IP connection;
- Compiled and installed latest XRoar;
- Copied CB, ECB, DECB ROMs from toolshed directory to XRoar's ROM
directory;
- Ran this:

xroar -cart-type rsdos -cart-rom ~/toolshed/hdbdos/hdbdw3bck.rom -machine
cocous

The XRoar screen never goes to the blinking cursor, it stays there saying
"HDB-DOS 1.4 BECKER COCO 2" waiting for something. There's no activity on
DW. XRoar works with plain DECB and does mount disk images.

I suspect there's something painfully obvious, already discussed 94,738
times on this list, that I'm neglecting. Halp?

Juan