[Coco] strange bug in toolshed

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Jan 26 16:54:21 EST 2014

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:51:34 +0100
Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Christopher R. Hawks wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:55:14 +0100
> > Tormod Volden wrote:
> >> Thanks for catching that, Christopher.
> >>
> >> Not sure if it is a good idea to have the makefile itself as a
> >> prerequisite, although it can seem handy. But for now I'll just do
> >> it as in the coco1 bootfiles makefile.
> >
> >         It's pretty much a given. Without makefile as a prerequisite
> > for each file, you could change the makefile all day and make would
> > NOT rebuild the files (unless you did a clean or changed the source
> > files).
>
> That is the same everywhere. Generally you have to do a make clean if
> you have changed the makefile. Just making this automatically in one
> spot is confusing and inconsistent IMO.

	Well, it's 110 spots out of 171, but, however we want to do it.
Back in the day, a 'dependant' make was preferable to a 'make clean
all'. Sometimes it made more than an hour difference. Today, not so big
a deal.

BTW: the original error is caused by level1/dalpha/bootfiles/kernel
being 4098 bytes in size. padrom carps about it being more than the
4096 size requested and level1/dalpha/bootfiles/makefile fails. and so
does the os9 gen in level1/dalpha/makefile (like you posted).

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
'If I employed software developers, and they gave me something
 like this, I'd shoot them.' - Abby Franquemont