[Coco] Issues with NitrOS9 build

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 02:59:53 EST 2014

Sorry, Tormod. It was Sunday morning for me.

I tried what you suggested, but no change. It still fails with error 215. At
least, it does so on VCC.

However, I think I now see the problem...

If I change the byte at $10 of LSN0 to $03, it boots.

I found that the dmode of D0 has TYP set to 21 and dns set to 01. AFAIK,
this is for 3.5" disk drives *only*. That is why the later versions can't be
read on my 'older' version of NitrOS9, since that uses TYP=20 DNS=03.

Question: when did NitrOS9 start using 3.5" drives, and is there some kind
of option we could engineer to select 5.25" drives instead?

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia