[Coco] Issues with NitrOS9 build

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jan 26 01:09:28 EST 2014

Bob, on 3.2.9, I cannot read any disk with DNS=3 unless the disk was formatted that way, Then that descriptor will ONLY read disks formatted with DNS=3. I have to dmode to DNS=1 to read "average" disks. If I remember right, Gene explained (in detail) here on the list why no Coco disk should use DNS=3 except maybe the 5.25 80trk 720k disks(??).

5.25 35/40trk 180k/360k & 3.5 80trk 720k should be DNS=1.
The only difference besides the size (CYL & SID) should be 5.25 40trk TYP=20 & 3.5 80trk TYP=21

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com