[Coco] DriveWire frustration

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 10:35:43 EST 2014

Hi folks,

About once a week I get a bug report from an outdated version of
DriveWire, almost always reporting one of the same two bugs long ago
fixed.  Most submitters don't include their email address so I don't
have any way to contact them other (hopefully, maybe) this list.

Please update using the built in update tool if you have problems.

I didn't make DW automatically check for updates and pop up notices in
your face because I don't like that kind of thing, but I also hate to
think people are being frustrated by bugs that are already fixed.  I
will find a better way to deal with that in the future.  Apparently
the large warning about needing to update that I put next to the
download link (and the notice on the default DW homepage) isn't
effective, *or* someone is still distributing old/unauthorized
versions of the software.

If you maintain a public archive of coco software, I am begging you:
please delete all versions of DriveWire.  You are doing your users a
disservice by distributing the software yourself.

-Aaron