[Coco] 1bit hsync nasties....

Simon Jonassen simon at roust-it.dk
Thu Jan 23 16:58:17 EST 2014

Hey guys !

was contemplating if i should share todays 8 bit madness or not....

well, here goes:

the hsync music players irq has been refactored to intentionally use 58+
cycles every pass (no best/worst case scenario anymore), so that means it
skips an hsync so the irq fequency is now 15750/2 (7875Hz)

yes the music player loses 1 octave, but we now have about 40% free cpu time
to do other stuff.....

this is a playback of the new irq routine:

http://www.roust-it.dk/coco/sock/7875hz.wav

if you have trouble loading this, it's because my DSL line is sick at the
moment.... getting it serviced tomorrow.....

/Simon :-)