[Coco] Why haven't we got this?!!

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 23 08:24:45 EST 2014

On 23/01/2014 9:53 PM, Mark McDougall wrote:

> This should be relatively easy to port to the DE1, since the TREX C1 board
> was obsoleted and the DE1 a recommended replacement.

OK, a closer inspection reveals it's not so trivial. Not impossible, but not
trivial.

On the TREX board, there's a CF adapter instead of SD card.
And the CF pins are muxed with the flash device pins.
The TREX board also has a PS2 mouse port, so to use a mouse you'd have to
wire it up to the DE1 I/O, which has been done for others projects.

What I need to do is remove the mux, and add my IDE<->SD interface. Since my
interface is currently read-only, you wouldn't be able to write to the disk
image. Maybe that's still enough to boot though!?!

I do have another platform with CF slot but no flash, and unfortunately the
CPC6128 requires about 200KB of flash memory. :( I really should wire an
adapter for CF onto the DE1 port... should be straight-thru on the
Santa-Cruz connector (need to check)...

Not sure how much time I'll have to do this, but it's on my list...

Regards,