[Coco] Why haven't we got this?!!

Steve 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Jan 23 00:01:41 EST 2014

Nick, I agree with you, but not for the same reasons.

You and me both needed as much of the computer to making the game the
best it could be.  OS-9 was a bit of an overkill OS for fast action
video games.  It just used too much ram and limit the resources of the
computer.

All of my games did have an OS (of my creation) in them.  But it was
just the basic I/O, memory and Object control systems.  That all I
needed in an OS.

The Last Ninja would have been my only OS-9 game.  (Only because I was
stepping in to help try and save it.)  But it was not my project to
start with.  If it had, I would have done it as a 32K ROM pak game, not
floppy running under OS-9.

Steve