[Coco] Newbie questions

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Jan 22 19:22:10 EST 2014

Sean, hdbdos does NOT revert back to the dw drive on VCC's floppy access. Have no clue what's going on but I use 2 instances of VCC running side by side with XRoar, simultainiously... daily, and I have seen no such problem... though there are a few bugs in VCC 1.4.3 that were never worked out. It could behave differently on different systems. It's programmed in old (Win98) MS Visual C++ 6.0 w/DirectX9 and was abandoned by it's author soon after. The Becker Port was added later by a third party.
I also run 1-2 real Cocos as well... all hooked to a single instance of drivewire.

BTW... DRIVEOFF & DRIVE OFF will produce the same results as will DRIVE 5 & DRIVE5.

I guess it's getting about time I finish my "Installing and Using VCC 1.4.3b with ,HDBDOS, NitrOS-9, andDriveWire" tutorial page...

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com