[Coco] more 1 bit madness

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Wed Jan 22 16:43:16 EST 2014

To be fair, the C-128 was actually a big hit. It was just "less popular" in
comparison to the C-64, but then everything else was that way too. In fact,
the C-128 sold more units than all the Apple II's and all the Atari 8-bits
(and in a much shorter time), and certainly more than all of the CoCo
models (though, frustratingly, we still don't have exact sales figures).
It's funny how the blockbuster success of one product can make another
successful product seem less so. I guess to a small degree there's a
similar situation with the TRS-80 versus the CoCo. For several years, the
TRS-80 was by far the industry's best selling computer, whereas the CoCo
never had that distinction.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and