[Coco] Newbie questions

Sean Margules s_man501 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 15:57:32 EST 2014

Ok, so I've been reading the HDB-DOS 1.1 manual, and trying to get the backup command to work. The virtual ROM image I'm using is the one that came with the 1.43 beta: hdbdw3bc3.rom. Now this ROM will not give me a command prompt unless drivewire 4 is running. It boots up just fine and beeps, but there is no flashing little cursor, and I can't type anything into the emulator. This is true whether or not I have the becker port enabled. If drivewire 4 is running I can enter commands. DISKOFF seemed to work with drivewire running, I could see the game with "dir" but when I tried to "BACKUP 0 to 4" I got an IO error, and now no matter how many times I do a hard reset, DISKOFF just returns an SN error. This is with HDB-DOS as well as RGB-DOS, with drivewire on or off. Stuck again I'm afraid.