[Coco] Newbie questions

Sean Margules s_man501 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 13:04:42 EST 2014

    Brian, I'm sure what I'm saying is confusing because I don't have any idea what I'm doing yet.  I was starting to get the impression that Nitros9 wasn't built to handle old games, so that makes sense. I've got a whole bunch of games that I've been playing with (I don't actually play them, its just when I see them load I know I did something right). Exec and execute are apparently different commands, because my bin games are working with exec now, but 'execute' still freezes the emulator. So that's a nice little discovery already thanks to you! Vcc gives the option of using two different DOS images (disk basic and RGB dos) as well as the option to use an 'external' image that isn't a part of the emulator. For the life of me I'm not sure what RGB dos is good for, because it doesn't seem to recognize anything in the disk drives. When I type "dir" The screen comes back with "drive = 0             free=68". It does apparently read the hard drive
 though ("dir 255" shows OS-9 hard drive boot and it works). I'd like to eventually get a good working knowledge of the coco3. Seems like it could keep me busy doing all kinds of nifty stuff, but the little things I don't know (i.e. exec vs. execute) are making me pull my hair out. Thanks for the quick response by the way!