[Coco] NitrOS9 build errors

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 00:31:59 EST 2014

On Jan 21, 2014 12:20 AM, "Greg Law" <glaw at live.com> wrote:

> Just to stick another monkey wrench into the works, these should have a
.os9 extension if they are standard OS-9/NitrOS-9 images without any header
information. Most of the emulators interpret this extension to mean the
disks don't have any header information and derive the geometry from LSN 0
(the first 256 bytes of the image). Any images with a .dsk extension should
have the JVC header, but this extension shouldn't be used for OS-9/NitrOS-9
disks.

I dont know enough about the emulators and standards to agree or disagree,
but in working on DW I do know that a vast majority of disk images one will
find online are named something.dsk, and very few have a JVC header.
Almost all are just linear sector data.  In fact, I never encountered a JVC
style disk "in the wild" and had to go specifically looking for one to test
with when I added JVC support.  I am not sure if the nitros9 project would
want to deviate from this even if it is the "correct" thing to do.