[Coco] NitrOS9 build errors

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 19:18:27 EST 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Robert Gould and I worked out a patch to prevent that write that has not
> been committed that I know of.  That is about the time I blew the SALT in
>
> To Tormod:
>
> I can send you that patched driver, or Robert can I expect, as I think it
> really belongs in the next release, but this mail server strips
> attachments.  So if you have a PM address that will accept, or at least can
> whitelist gheskett at wdtv.com, I can send that version of rb1773.asm and you
> can commit it.
>
> ISTR I tried to CC: you once, and it bounced.

Just send it to me directly. I don't believe it bounced on my side. A
whitelist entry would only prevent you from going in the spam folder.

Now, you and Robert should learn to make _patches_. That's not a new
version of a file (occasionally in DOS format etc) and not a cut and
paste of code sections that are doomed to make all kind of white space
errors. You rather use a tool like "diff -u" to produce a machine- and
human readable difference from the old version to the new version. Or
simply "hg diff" if you are in a mercurial repo. (There are better
ways to make patches when using mercurial, but one thing at a time...)

Thanks in advance!
Tormod