[Coco] Problems with New Boot for VCC and Nitros9

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jan 20 18:33:22 EST 2014

On Monday 20 January 2014 18:01:51 Manny did opine:

> Gene,
> I'm not too sure what's happening.  Others seem to be able to see it.
> Just in case, I'll try the URL again:
>
> http://manny.invigorated.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/nitros9-fail.png

Worked that time.  Thanks.  From the position of the *W, I am going to
guess that sysgo tried to chd /h0, but the filename for the driver in /H0
is wrong.

That whole bit of Nitros9 now is submodules intended to work with a driver
called RBSuper, which has submodules to handle the scsi disks, and a
submodule to handle the IDE disks.  But if your drive is one originally
setup for a B&B controller, or an SC-II controller, I think there may be
submodules for those.  Looking in my tree now.

ATM I only see two hardware drivers, one for scsi, one for ide, and a third
option that adds a small cacheing driver.  There are separate boot modules
for the various controllers.

So here is what I would do.

First, make use of dmodes ability at access a  file on the disk and cd to
the directory where you have your h0.dd stored.  Do a "dmode -h0.dd"
and write down everything it tells you.

Now, scsi drives are all S#.dd and ide drives are now all "I#.dd"
AND dd.dd is a copy of, or should be, your h0.dd.

And all of these will need to have the driver name compiled in, changed to
the driver suitable for your hardware.

So, first, paste the output of "dmode  -h0.dd" here, which will contain the
name of the now obsolete driver.  Unforch, I can't do that here because no
one has ported dmode so that the toolshed can use it, and my coco is down.