[Coco] even more 1 bit madness

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 20 16:27:23 EST 2014

Simon Jonassen <simon at ...> writes:

> hey guys.....
>

> well. today i cooked up this out of my sound routine:
>
>  <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZHXcFG7C0A>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZHXcFG7C0A
>
> the source for said routine is available here:
>
> http://www.roust-it.dk/coco/1bitplayer.asm
>
> Enjoy...
>
> ideas welcomed

You may already know this, especially if you've been talking to John but
have you positioned all your variables or memory modifiable locations into
the Direct Page area?

Since your code is small, maybe set the DP register to the start of your
code. This can shave a few cycles off your runtime.

I generally set aside an area for all variables that get used throughout my
program and point my DP register there so that read and writes to these
common access locations are done in Direct Page mode.

Nick