[Coco] The early days of Hacking and Coding a CoCo Was: Here's a CoCo 1 ...

Steve 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Sat Jan 18 02:12:08 EST 2014

There are other ways to get 80 display working with a CoCo 1 or 2
without using a word pak or any other cart or internal mod.

It's so easy that you will hate yourself for not thinking of it in the
first place.

Mater of fact, I still have my first CoCo 1 development system that I
made some 30+ years ago.  It has 80 by 24 display and real keyboard to
type on.  At the time, I could assemble my program and load it into
another CoCo for testing in about 30 seconds.

Oh yes, when I created my first CoCo development system, the Floppy disk
drive (nor the Word Pak) had not came out yet for the CoCo.  Everything
was cassette based.  So, the development CoCo was plugged into a $350
UPS so not to loose the source code during the day. (hourly backups were
saved too.) At the end of day, the source code was saved on 3 tape
recorders with one of them going home with me at night.

Those were the days...
Steve