[Coco] Wow... Just wow... eBay CoCo 3 auction

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 22:06:30 EST 2014

The one that was for $199.95 or BIN was my auction. Myself and family have hit some hard times and it broke my heart to have to put it up on e-bay, when Brian made the offer my wife saw it and she did not know I had put it up on e-bay, after 23 years of marriage she knows how much I enjoy the old computers and the Coco most of all so she removed the auction and told me that we will be fine until our tax refund gets here.

So that is why it was removed after Brian made the offer.

Derek

On Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:37 PM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

On 17/01/2014 12:01 PM, Brian Blake wrote:

> I offered him $56.00, fully expecting
> some sort of a negotiation. Well, the offer was declined and the
> auction removed from eBay... Interesting response...

I've long since given up trying to understand eBay vendor logic. I've come
to the conclusion that you simply can't understand it.

There's the guy that has been listing the same half-dozen or so Vectrex
games for about 2 years now (that I'm aware of), for $300 each, which
never attract a single bid. They're mostly worth about $50-$100 at best.

Then there's the sellers that list an item at a ridiculously high price,
and when it doesn't attract a single bid, re-list at a *higher* starting
bid. That's right, a *higher* starting bid!?!

Then there's the seller that listed a game at $25 (BIN), then inexplicably
re-listed at $50 just before I bought it. I enquired as to why, and
offered $25, but it was subsequently withdrawn as "no longer available".

Of course, more than a few are out specifically to rip people off. One
seller listed a Neo Geo game for an absolute silly price (10x what it was
worth). Turns out that there's another game in the same series which
*could* conceivably fetch a price somewhere in that ballpark, but this
wasn't it. Given the game was Japanese, I could understand there may be
some confusion on the part of seller, and giving them the benefit of the
doubt, I politely informed them of this fact. Of course, my 'advice' was
ignored and the seller continued to re-list the item at that price until
they eventually gave up and I never saw it listed again. The stupid thing
is, anyone willing to invest that type of money in a single game *knows*
what's what and would *never* mistakenly buy it. Stupid, ignorant, seller.

I could go on and on...

Regards,