[Coco] Amiga Systems

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Tue Jan 14 18:35:43 EST 2014

You can run Linux on the Amiga and other Motorola 680x0-based systems, but
I can't fathom why you'd want to. There are "modern" Amigas that are super
high priced and run a special modern operating system, but I don't believe
that's what you're after. Of the classic Amigas, I'd recommend an Amiga
1200 with a combination 68030 accelerator/64MB trap door expansion and an
adapted compact flash card in place of the hard drive. You can get the
flash card preloaded with the vast majority of the platform's original
games and apps (including all of the CDTV and CD32 games). It's a heck of a
combination, though you'd probably be looking at anywhere from $250 - $350
for an optimal unit in that configuration. Anyway, if you have any other
questions I'd be happy to answer them off list.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and