[Coco] Another ROMable NitrOS9 question

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Jan 14 00:21:36 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM, Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you mean by "cartridge booting up" to be started by the BASIC ROM
> detecting it and jumping to cartridge space, that was not what I
> meant. I meant booting directly from the reset vector into the
> cartridge acting instead of a BASIC ROM. But I admit it is not very
> useful unless you want for instance to make a larger ROM than 16K.

Speaking of which, has anybody played with the GIME's 32K external ROM
mode on the CoCo 3, which should, if I'm surmising correctly, assign
$8000-FDFF to the cartridge port, knocking Color Basic and Extended
Basic out of the ROM map?  (To enable this mode, bits 0-1 of $FF90
must both be set.)  That might be a good way to go for a ROMable
NitrOS9 on the CoCo 3, if you wanted to devote lots of ROM space to
NitrOS9 routines waiting to be rapidly copied into RAM.

Art