[Coco] Another ROMable NitrOS9 question

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 17:33:35 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> I think the problem is not so much disabling the ROM as it is in
> booting your cartridge.  Even when a cartridge is used, the ROM is
> still required;  there's a routine in the ROM that checks for the
> presence of a cartridge and jumps to the cartridge address space if
> one is found.  It may be possible to do what you want without

I guess billg999's idea was that the cartridge does full address
decoding and acts on the BASIC ROM address space, and not on the
normal cartridge address space. Maybe it is enough to use the SLENB
input to keep the internal ROM from activating?

BTW, I just found this:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~mmarlette/Cloud-9/Support/CoCo%20OS-9%20ROM.pdf
- Very nice documentation!

Tormod