[Coco] anyone game to test?: Pooyan .cas file to .wav

Chris Oliver chris.w.oliver at me.com
Sun Jan 12 16:52:50 EST 2014

All,

I just picked up a vintage Pooyan cassette (#26-3048) that hits an I/O error on both sides of the tape when loading.  Figured I would find a .wav version of the game and re-record the cassette.

No .wav version available, from what I can find -- but there *is* a .cas file at: http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/search.php?q=pooyan

Specifically the file I'm looking at is: Pooyan (intro screen).cas

I went ahead and used Ciaran's Perl script (http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2010-December/052922.html) to convert this .cas file to .wav -- and then played it out to the Coco via my mini-jack-to-Coco-cassette cable.  The CLOADM operation concludes successfully, but the resulting in-memory program will not load via EXEC.  Just comes back blank.

So... I wanted to see if any of you have any ideas on how to get Pooyan (intro screen).cas into a state such that I can record it off to my vintage cassette media.  Seems like I'm doing all the right things, but no dice.

Alternatively, at http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/search.php?q=pooyan there is a .dsk file (part of Pooyan (with intro) (Tandy).zip) that runs perfectly for me via DW.  But I don't know how to take a .dsk file and get it into a state where it can be recorded off to cassette.  If there is a method to do this, I'm all ears.

FYI, I am running a Coco 1.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to test this out and/or give feedback!

Chris