[Coco] Printing on cheap crappy printers with a CoCo was Re:Printing on a Coco with modern printers.

Greg Law glaw at live.com
Sat Jan 11 16:30:48 EST 2014

I can't image you would have any problems with 20 pound paper. Granted, my
experience is with the Brother monochrome printers (a Brother 2140 or 2170
or such I used for nearly a decade without any issues and now a Brother
HL-6180DW wireless laser with duplexing and that holds a full ream of
paper).

I can say that Brother is the only printer that I've used that has never
given me a lick of problems. I've yet to have an HP printer last more than a
year. I've been through two HP inkjets that both went belly up just at one
year, and an HP laser that blew the network port after about three months
and then started printing double (e.g. not cleaning the drum each cycle) a
few months after that. I finally got fed up with HP and went back to Brother
and haven't regretted that decision at all. Didn't even bother to try to get
the HP laser repaired under warranty.