[Coco] Book Review

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 11 14:27:50 EST 2014

Gene, I believe you are 100% right, I worked at a web press printer in "Pre-press" for over 10 years (did the Auto Trader mag up here). I can't see this as an imposition error, but a bindery error and someone did not do a quality check at each run.I can't speak for every printer, but our lead hand of bindery, picked up a copy of what ever and checked it every 500 copies or so. The only way to salvage this run is to cut the spine off, rearrange each copy by hand and coil bound them back together. A bit of a cost for the printer, but way better than dumping the entire defective run. There is too many errors for just a random occurrence, this is a major run of the book. It looks like it was done in 2 runs, a smaller first run for the proof copies and this major run.
This error is in no way anything remotely to do with Boisy or Bill.