[Coco] Turing (was: Printing on a Coco with modern printers.)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jan 11 14:12:58 EST 2014

Well, actually, the Turing Completeness principle, which usually involves
turing machines at one point in the reasoning, but is really about the set
of all possible types of computing that are sufficiently equivalent.

When comparing commercially sold computers, though, the proof is easy :
they're all essentially the same thing as the von Neumann model, or a
multi-CPU version thereof.

You could even boot Windows 7 or Ubuntu 13 on a 6809, if you had the
appropriate emulator and plenty of time to waste. If you do it with just
512k of RAM, just the boot process could mean swapping diskettes from a
truck-sized set of 5000 diskettes full-time for a few months... or more.