[Coco] Anyone explain this in Level2 ioman?

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sat Jan 11 10:29:50 EST 2014

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 13:39:40 +0100
Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Robert Gault wrote:
> > In trying to get a working 6309 Level1, I've noticed that Level2
> > ioman.asm contains many  IFGT Level-1 conditionals. This is
> > pointless unless the code could work with Level1. Well the code
> > does not work with Level1, so why are these conditionals present?
> >
> > Can anyone explain this?
>
> I guess there originally was one common file for both level1 and
> level2 builds. At some point someone found it better to maintain
> separate versions, but the level2 version was not cleaned up to remove
> the level1 conditionals.
>
> Tormod

	According to:
HAWKSoft(chrish)$ hg log level2/modules/ioman.asm

changeset:   1307:edce5716d722
user:        boisy
date:        Tue Sep 02 19:30:48 2003 +0000
summary:     Started back-port of IOMan to Level One
 and
changeset:   2414:e96eb55b10b5
user:        boisy
date:        Tue Jan 26 03:51:52 2010 +0000
summary:     Made progress in backporting to Level 1

then (obviously) never completed or removed (might not have been
practical).

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Q: "How does one measure the height of a building using a barometer?"
A: Drop the barometer off the building onto someones head, killing them