[Coco] OS-9L2BBS Build Issue

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 08:30:39 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
> Kip Koon wrote:
>>
>> Hi NitrOS-9 Build Team!
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> WARNING: IFP1 if is not supported; ignoring
>>
>> ../cmds/BBS.build.asm:00004            ifp1
>>

> This was cause because of other errors in the code, sic. below.

The above warning is harmless and appears many places.

>> ERROR: Byte overflow
>>
>> ../cmds/BBS.build.asm:00432            leax   <$FFE0,X
>> * 0483 30 88 E0       0.`
>>

> That's not a good coding style and the meaning is not clear to a reader and
> certainly was not to lwasm. :)

This assembly code looks like a result of disassembling and I think
nobody actually "coded" it :)

> If you want a specific address in regX just load it.
> ldx $FFE0
> If you want to change regX by a fixed amount, use easily understood numbers.
> leax -32,x
> "
>
> If you are concerned about code size and your assembler does not
> automatically choose tight code force smaller code.
> leax <-32,x
> leax <-$20,x

I already fixed up the nitros9 code with the "leax -$20,x" variant.
Just discovered this thread now while searching for BBS on the list to
see if anyone had tried to use it :)

There are so many posts and threads about the Book over the last weeks
so it is easy to miss out on other stuff :( Please, please keep it in
the same threads as much as possible...

Tormod