[Coco] Printing on cheap crappy printers with a CoCo was Re: Printing on a Coco with modern printers.

Theodore (Alex) Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Fri Jan 10 23:21:31 EST 2014

On 01/10/2014 09:13 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> Perhaps I misread that one.  The point remains that modern inkjets are
> extremely high resolution and I simply don't buy your claim of "on/off" per
> color per pixel, or 3/4 bit set of data.  I'm no expert on ink jets, but
> looking at a couple articles reveals that there are print heads where a
> piezoelectric mechanism causes between 0 and X tiny drops per jet, per
> pixel and another mechanism that causes the valve to be open for variable
> lengths of time.  Didn't find anyone talking about a simple on/off
> arrangement...

Show me a single ink jet printer spec that gives bits per pixel or dot.
  Hell, I can't think of any commonly used technique other than dye
sublimation that you are likely to find this for.  There is a reason
that printer output looks the way it does under magnification.  There is
also a reason why the dpi given for color capability for the
multifunction unit you selected is so much higher for color than black
and white.