[Coco] 384 or 450 scanlines ?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 10 05:37:07 EST 2014

Ciaran Anscomb <cocomalt at ...> writes:

> I see it as only doing progressive - half resolution, double rate (50Hz or
> 60Hz) progressive.  The machines never actually *emit* that blank field you
> describe, the lines for it are just never scanned.

It would be good to know for sure.

I thought that a CoCo compatible RGB, composite or TV is an interlace video
device only. 15Khz interlaced at 50/60 hertz.

If the CoCo is not generating the blank field and it's progressive, surely
the frequency would be higher? (and it's not)

Anyone done some checks with a silly scope?

Nick