[Coco] new printer sub system for NitrOS-9

iggybeans at comcast.net iggybeans at comcast.net
Wed Jan 8 18:10:49 EST 2014

>One approach is to use the printing support in DriveWire. There is

>support for a virtual Epson dot matrix which will generate images

>which can then be printed using a modern computer. This can be

>automatic with a little scripting, as DW will invoke the command of

>your choice after generating an output image. I always intended to

>add more emulated printers but never got a round tuit.

A useful feature to say the least.

I haven't spent a lot of time exploring DriveWire.

And of course the mention of CUPS comes from my experiences watching the Amiga community try to adopt recent printing solutions.

I think my problem with using legacy systems centers on the need I feel to get real utility out of my hobbyist systems.

It might seem unrealistic to expect that from a Coco, but if me move forward toward more advanced solutions like emulators with extended capabilities, why not?