[Coco] Nitros9 Nx and Zx device drivers.

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Jan 6 20:02:59 EST 2014

Tim, I don't know too much about the "/z" descriptors, but the "/n" descriptors are something I use in most all my programming projects using drivewire.
The "/n" descriptors are user serial ports direct to dw4. But... you do not send standard serial data. Dw4 has a defined command set that is used with these ports. The easiest way is with the "dw" command provided in all dw compatible nitros9 disks from the repo. The "dw" command uses the "/n" ports. If you copied your cmds from a repo disk, just type dw<enter> and you will get a list of available commands. Most commands in that list are just command catagories that lead to more complex commands. Example... On a Coco/nitros9 system with a Windows dw4 server, type "dw server dir c:/" on your Coco and you will see a directory listing of you PC's C: drive on your Coco screen.
There are many useful commands and even more in development. From the "dw" cmd, you can control most aspects of the DW4 server right from your Coco. You can even mount VHDs (virtual hard drives) on the server from the Coco without going to the PC.

As for documentation, search the DW4 docs for "dw command" and you will find a (old) list of the commands if nothing else.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/drivewireserver/index.php?title=Main_Page#Technical_information

look under Technical Information in "The "dw" Commands".
Some of the commands have changed from the docs, and you can get more from just entering dw and trying commands. The command itself is fairly intuitive.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com