[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Jan 6 03:32:16 EST 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Boisy Pitre <boisy at tee-boy.com> wrote:

> Obviously we could not interview (or speak for) the dead. Nor could we force the very small number of people who either refused to respond to our interview requests or insisted on terms we could not agree to, to provide their perspective.  We did, however, interview a large number of people and went farther than I think anyone has ever gone in compiling the history of the CoCo.  Naturally, recollections are often flawed, but wherever possible, multiple perspectives and hard evidence were used.

I did notice a conspicuous absence of anyone from Microsoft speaking
of their role in the history of the CoCo.  Is there a Microsoft policy
against cooperation with authors such as yourself?   Was it Microsoft
that "insisted on terms we could not agree to"?

What about Microsoft retirees?  I know you were seeking to contact the
author of the ROMs, Mark Chamberlin.  No luck there, I take it?  Or is
there some nondisclosure thing that prevents retirees from talking to
you?

Art