[Coco] Coco on Intenet BBS

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jan 5 21:07:24 EST 2014

Wow!
I had forgotten how much fun Door games were... Thanks Bill Gordon :-)
I remember 3 of us staying up all night and combining our forces to take TradeWars from some guy who had it wrapped around his pinky. The guy didn't know what hit him when he logged on the next day. We had control of most of the resources (IIRC).

Then there was the online D&D. I played religiously. We also had a local group that met at my house on the weekends. My wife & I would host about 6-8 people from Friday night till (sometimes) Sunday morning. I remember trying to write some D&D software in Basic09, never did finish it. I think I got the Character generator running and that was about it, along with a dice roller. I would sit at the Coco and play on a BBS while we were playing IRL.

Those were the days....

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia