[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sun Jan 5 14:49:15 EST 2014

Yes the 1980's into the early 1990's were exciting times in the computer
world.  However IMO there was one little issue.  None of the various
platforms were compatible.  OK, a game on the CoCo Vs a game on the Atari,
Commodore, etc was not so much of an issue but try to send some sort of data
file from one platform to another.  Even the serial protocols were
different.  One thing I saw a need for was a common data format.  PC/DOS
ushered that in, for better or worse.

Bruce W.