[Coco] Tandy 1000 (was: Another Radio Shack Article)

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Sun Jan 5 14:12:58 EST 2014

I have a Tandy 1000, 1000 EX, 1000 SX (x2), 1000 TX, and 2000 HD (the giant
tower one) in that series. I always had a fondness for the TRS-80 Model
III/4 growing up and the Tandy 1000 because that's the series that my
school system in Sayreville, NJ, had invested in for the few BASIC
programming classes that I took (clearly there was a Tandy/RS contract in
place). I had a year or two with the III and 4 (I love all-in-one classic
computers), then for later grades, the 1000. Of course, at home, I mostly
had Commodore computers, a C-64 (after a short time with a VIC-20) and then
later an Amiga 500.

Prior to adding several CoCo's to my collection starting in the 90s, one of
my first jobs at 16 (~1988) at a five and dime type store had a CoCo 2 with
a tape drive running the business! Needless to say, that was a surprise to
me. In any case, the Tandy 1000-series systems are one of the few PC clones
worth collecting for, since most others were fairly bog generic. I'd say
overall they're the most collectible of the PC DOS-based systems outside of
original IBM's (which I have a few of as well).

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and