[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

Michael Graham mkgraham at gmx.com
Sun Jan 5 12:58:21 EST 2014

My apologies, I've just realized the last couple of replies I sent to
this list (from my phone) went to the wrong reply address (the private
address of the original sender and not the list address).

I'll copy and paste the text so everyone can see what I sent.

This was the first one:

"Well, they were originally intended to be clones of the IBM PCjr. They
were very compatible with that machine. Problem is, IBM discontinued the
PCjr before the Tandy 1000 came out, so Tandy no longer felt comfortable
advertising the machine as PCjr compatible, and instead chose to
advertise it as 'MS-DOS' compatible. Which they were, but the ability to
run MS-DOS doesn't necessarily mean it can run all PC software.

--Michael"

This was the second one:

"The Tandy 1000's graphics are so close to the PCjr's that you can
actually add a simple logic circuit to a PCjr and it'll run almost
anything meant to run on the original Tandy 1000. That is, except for a
couple of programs that seem to check something in the BIOS that doesn't
exist in the PCjr's."

Sorry they're kind of out of context now!  I'll have to figure out how
to convince my phone to reply to the list, I guess.

--Michael