[Coco] Coco on Intenet BBS

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jan 5 11:12:28 EST 2014

Ok, I finally logged my Coco onto Bill Gordon's "SquareOne" BBS.
As soon as I connected... I was taken back to 1985 and Mark Samwick's "Wilmington 80 BBS" where I spent MANY hours in the "Color Computer SIG" discussing Coco programming, software and playing D&D. There was some Coco software for download as well. It was there I met a lot of Wilmington area CocoNuts and discovered another local BBS... "New Hanover Highschool BBS" which had a very active Coco SIG and tons of Coco files. I eventually became "CoSIGOp" along with Dean Holder and kept the Coco file downloads stocked with stuff from Delphi till it went down in about 1999 or 2001 (??). I really miss those days :-)

Here's the setup to get on Bill Gordon's "SquareOne BBS" (for those who don't know)

PC:
DriveWire4 (latest) w/active internet connection (not dw3)
Coco 3:
Nitros9 w/dw4 (nos96x09L2v030209coco3_dw.dsk)
SuperComm (supercomm.dsk)
Instructions:
Start Supercomm by typing "supercomm /n" (no quotes)
hit "F1", "t" (or <alt> t) and select "ANSI" for your terminal
Now (blindly) type "ATD71.68.29.241:23" (without quotes).
As an alternate to typing the address, you can set up an "autodial" file. In /DD/SYS/DIAL, create a file named "Squre_One.adf".
In that file (with text editor) type:

ADS=ATD71.68.29.241:23<CR>
RTR=FF<CR>
RPS=10<CR>

To use the autodial in Supercomm, just hit "F1", "a" (or <alt> a) and select "Square One"
Use either method to dial...
Wait for connection
Follow prompts... Username/password or New User
And you're in !!

That's it :-)

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/