[Coco] Internet/BBS connectivity via Coco1

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 15:24:07 EST 2014

Derek (and others),
DriveWire4 will do the same thing in emulating the modem. If you have no need for drivewire, then this is the perfect idea
But I think the real problem is not the means of connection.... but where to connect to.
I can make internet connections on my Coco all day long... but I have no idea of an address to connect them to.
What is really needed is the actual telnet addresses of internet BBSs to connect to.
I've never really messed with telnet so I know little about it. A good detailed description of how to connect, where to connect, and what to do after you've connected would really be benificial.
I would be interested in setting up an online BBS if I knew how to go about it and a place to put it.
I have future plans for my latest Coco software project which is going to delve into some sort of internet BBS system if I can get the info to do it. I already have the Coco connecting to FTPs and doing downloads by just using DW4's cmd protocol alone.
With BBS capabilities, I could possibly set up a Coco software database that can be accessed by the Coco directly as the current DW4 mid level protocol doesn't allow direct uploads but the modem emulation does (from what I understand).

Any help on telnet, addresses and protocol is welcome :-)

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com