[Coco] Interesting pak on a CoCo (Ebay)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Feb 24 21:15:07 EST 2014

On Feb 24, 2014, at 3:58 AM, Rogelio Perea <os9dude at gmail.com> wrote:

> Character generator for 80's TV production... never seen than one before!
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandy-Color-Computer-2-customized-as-a-character-generator-/281272933195

Cool find.

When I was working for Radio Shack in the late 80s' (88-90 or so?) a new radio station (Q107) came online in Nacogdoches, Texas with a computer voice countdown. We figured out when it would reach 0 and that's when the station went on the air. When I spoke to someone over the phone, they confirmed it was some Radio Shack Color Computer with software and a speech/sound pak.

I wonder if that system is floating around somewhere, too?

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established 1990!
Sent from my MacBook.