[Coco] Will Dragon 32 Cassette software work on a coco?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Feb 23 13:14:08 EST 2014

Possible sources of incompatibility would be, first, the difference in the
keyboard matrix, if the game wants any keyboard input.  So, you might need
a keyboard conversion chart if the game wants you to type in, say, the
number of players.  Second, if the game uses any ROM calls, they would not
be to the correct addresses and probably cause a crash.  Most games don't
use ROM calls, though. There might be problems from machine-specific
idiosyncrasies in the copy protection, if the games are protected.  I think
there's a good chance that at least some of the games would function
correctly.

Art